Explore Halifax with Us0
As the capital of Nova Scotia, Halifax has things to do that you will not find in other Canadian cities. In addition to beautiful views of the harbor and the Atlantic Ocean, Halifax has a rich history and culture. Especially for maritime, this part of Canada is a commercial hub. For that reason, there are many interesting things to do in Halifax, including museums and historic sites.
You will discover a nice variety of pubs and clubs. In fact, Halifax has more such establishments per capita than most other Canadian cities.
This is quite fitting considering that Alexander Keith, Halifax’s most famous brew master, was also the mayor. Built in 1820, Alexander Keith’s original brewery is a great place to visit. There, you will enjoy cold adult beverages while mingling with locals and tourists alike.
With a magnificent harbor, there are always plenty of things to do around the water. For many people, one of the best things to do in Halifax is to visit the waterfront boardwalk. The boardwalk follows along the water’s edge, providing you with breathtaking views.
As part of the city’s fascinating history, you should take a trip to the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21. At this very spot, more than 1 million immigrants crossed over into Canada. While there, you can also spend time at any one of the restaurants and quaint shops. If preferred, you can hop North America’s longest-running saltwater ferry to Dartmouth’s harbor for even more dining and shopping.
Halifax has things to do throughout the city. Following are just some recommendations.
- Visit the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site to become a soldier for a day.
- Go to Fisherman’s Cove, a 200-year-old fishing village that has been completely restored.
- Skate or bike at The Emera Oval, a long-track speed skating oval located in the Halifax Commons.
- Head to the waterfront to watch skilled artisans create mouth-blown, hand-cut crystal glass masterpieces.
- Spend time at the Halifax Seaport Farmers Market, considered by many to be an experience of a lifetime.
- If you love to golf, another one of the incredible things to do in Halifax is golfing in Halifax Metro.
There is no question that when it comes to things to do in Halifax, you will never run out of options. Regardless of the type of adventures that you are most interested in, this city has it all.
To learn more about Canada and the exciting experiences that await you, please visit our site today. In addition to a wealth of information, we offer an interactive map that makes searching easy.