Arriving in Canada? Where to Stay, Eat, and Roam0
Especially when visiting Nova Scotia, when you arrive in Canada, be ready to create lifetime memories. You will find hospitable people, amazing accommodations, fabulous restaurants, and plenty of sights to see and things to explore.
For your trip to Halifax, Canada, you have plenty of options for overnight accommodations, including hotels, cottages, inns, and more. With so many options, your biggest challenge will be narrowing your choice to just one. Before you arrive in Canada, spend time researching some of the best accommodations.
- Atlantica Hotel & Marina Oak Island – Located less than 30 minutes from Halifax, this hotel boasts more than 13,000 square feet of space, including 105 guestrooms, 13 oceanfront chalets, 2 seaside villas, and meeting rooms. The hotel also offers customized meals, wireless internet, and numerous luxurious amenities.
- Coastal Waters Accommodations B&B – For more personalized service in an isolated area, this is a great place to stay. This charming bed and breakfast inn is about 30 minutes from the Halifax airport. You will find two well-designed suites that include a fully equipped kitchen, as well as private bath and entrance. Best of all, the views are stunning.
- Fox Harb’r Resort – This beautiful resort overlooks Nova Scotia’s Northumberland Strait. As part of your stay in a manor-style suite, you can enjoy an 18-hole golf course, sport shooting, spa and wellness center, and on-site restaurant.
In and around Halifax, there are many incredible restaurants.
- Ristorante a Mano – This is perfect for fine Italian dining. Along with a warm and inviting atmosphere, the food is authentic.
- Cut Steakhouse – When you are in the mood for a perfectly grilled steak, you can get dressed up for a delicious dinner at this restaurant.
- The Wooden Monkey – Although the food and service are excellent, people go to this restaurant for the experience. You will enjoy a varied menu and green living environment.
- Chives – Locals love this restaurant for its creative dishes, fresh and homegrown ingredients, and sophistication.
Places to Go
Either before leaving home or after you arrive in Canada, you can decide on the type of places to visit. Keep in mind that there are literally hundreds of things to see and do. Below are just a few recommendations.
- Halifax Citadel National Historic Site
- Pier 21 National Historic Site
- Peggy’s Cove
- Historic Properties Wharf
- Halifax Public Gardens
- Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
- Alexander Keith’s Brewery (a definite must-stop once you arrive in Canada)